How to properly prepare your home for the winter
Winterizing your home the proper way can help you make serious savings on your energy bill! Here are some advice on how to winterize your home
- A complete heating system & home inspection, including; furnace, ducts, chimney, and pipes, for leaks, cracks or broken parts.
- A Heating system tune up, including furnace and or heat pump inspection.
- Perform any maintenance or energy-saving tasks, like insulating pipes, sweeping the chimney or changing the furnace filter.
- Get a chimney sweep, to insure fireplace, chimney and vents are in good shape.
- Prevent icicles and Ice Dams, identify and fix air leaks and inadequate insulation leading to ice dams.
- Inspect the roof for damaged, loose or missing shingles that may leak during storms or melting snow.
- Clean the Gutters to prevent water back up against the house and roof damage.
- To keep precious heat from escaping through cracks, attach door sweeps to every door bottom.