Troubleshooting a faulty pilot light on an electronic-ignition furnace
If your furnace pilot doesn’t light, try the following steps:
- Turn down the thermostat or turn the power switch off and then on again to reset the ignition control module.
- Listen for the sound of the spark or watch for the hot surface ignitor to glow (see your owner’s manual).
- If your furnace has a pilot light, be sure the pilot is lit.
- Check your owner’s manual or the instructions posted inside the furnace cabinet for step-by-step lighting instructions.
- Usually this involves turning the gas valve to Off, turning it to Pilot after a momnent while holding it down and lighting the flame.
- Waiting a moment, releasing it, and then turning it to On.