How To Troubleshoot A Faulty Furnace
If your furnace does not heat try the following:
- Make sure the heater’s thermostat is set to Heat.
- Make sure the furnace’s circuit breaker is on, and that its fuse has not blown.
- Check the main electrical panel and any secondary subpanels are powering the unit.
- If the circuit has blown or tripped, reset the circuit breaker.
- Be sure the furnace’s power is turned on and wait for the furnace to engage.
- The motor may need to be reset due to an overload.
- If nothing happens, let the motor cool down, then reset again 30 minutes later.
- Power off the furnace completely from the main panel and then restart.
- If it doesn’t start or still wont heat, make sure the thermostat isn’t faulty.
If these steps seem too complicated or won’t resolve the issue, please call (888) 333-2422 for an All Week certified furnace repair technician.
The estimate is free, and we’re Available in Northern New Jersey 24/7.